Sunday 29 January 2012

Finding direction

Ah! Finding direction, if only I knew how to do that?!

As a Sagittarian (yes I do believe in that mumbo jumbo) I know that I have the trait that makes me change direction frequently, never really settle in one place, somewhat unreliable, a bit skittish, difficult to pin down.

But I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing, it means that I don't compromise, I won't settle for second best and that I continually strive for something more. It's not the way of everyone, that I know, but it's always been right for me.

But in recent years, external forces, changes that I have no influence over, they have left me feeling directionless and, even worse for a woman like me, .......like I have no control. In these uncertain times, I'm far from the only one feeling like this, not knowing what the next week holds, let alone the future.

I know that finding direction will help - but suddenly it seems like there are so many directions out there I really don't know which one to take.

Suddenly (maybe it's the impending empty nest) there's such a great big wide world in sight and I want to grab it by the balls and go discover it. But, and here's another Sagittarian trait, at the same time, there's a massive part of me that just wants peace, to settle with a simpler lifestyle and just be....

I kind of know that if I'm ever going to discover my world, then that time is coming and that if I miss that opportunity, then the timing will probably never be right to take it again.

But, and perhaps as an offshoot of the leukaemia, I also crave the normal. In a time when I'm thinking about giving it all up and taking flight, I'm also actively growing more roots, settling into a life in a place that I'd never considered to be permanent, and I like that thought.

Maybe the right answer for me is a combination of both, discovery and normal.

So how in this world of no direction can I find the right path to take?

Well, I've decided to refer to an earlier post, and go with the flow............

I figure, that if I keep all options open and explore what may be then I won't need to find direction......it will find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment