Sunday 5 February 2012

Manipulation.....

Manipulation, manipulative people, it's a trait that all of us humans are capable of, and at least some point in our lives we nearly all display.

But I think manipulation comes from inner weakness, manipulative people tend to be those who really haven't sorted out who they are inside. Who feel insecure, weak, who are trying hard to be someone they think they should be rather than learning to love who they are.

I've been manipulated, I've had my heart strings tugged by manipulative people. And I don't doubt for a minute that I've manipulated others myself - we are none of us perfect.

But, peace, happiness, love, they don't come out of maniupulation - only rollercoasters and heartbreak are the results of that trait.

So, I'm learning to let go of the manipulators and to make a conscious choice not to be manipulative myself - it comes through growing and learning as we live this life..........
It comes with age, and lots, yes lots of experience ;-)

Life is scary, childhood doesn't prepare you for that, but you can't spend life hiding behind someone else's petticoats. You gotta grab it by the balls and live it.....no matter how much that can hurt at times.

Manipulation pulls at your heartstrings, but I still believe in  a love that doesn't need to do that - a love that will cherish those heartstrings for the precious things that they are.

So I banish manipulation from my life, I learn how to live and laugh and I hope one day I will learn how to love........

No comments:

Post a Comment